Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Point-by-Point: The Tall Man - 6/10

The Good: This starts off as a pretty good thriller - the story, pacing and direction are solid. The twist in the middle, which I didn't see coming, had me figuring that this movie was going to be great.

The Bad: It was all downhill from there. The second half of the movie slows to a crawl, and it doesn't help that it relies on Jessica Biel's acting chops. 

The Ugly: The assumed morality of the final reveal is off. I'm being vague to avoid spoilers, but it seems the movie treats the end as fairly clear-cut when it really isn't.

Points Pondered

-Really, owning as creepy of a van as our villain does should probably be regarded as probable cause for any crime.

-Most of my points pondered actually occurred in the latter half of the film, so I'll avoid mentioning them. Instead, I'll just say that the Tall Man from Phantasm is both taller and scarier than the The Tall Man's Tall Man. 

No comments: